With the release of Pokémon Sword & Shield on Switch last year, the Pokémon Trading Card Game finally moved on from its Sun & Moon series. The first two expansions for the eighth-generation games, Sword & Shield and Sword & Shield – Rebel Clash, introduced the world of the Pokémon TCG to a new generation of monsters, while giving us more cards of our favorite creatures from generations past.
We were sent several booster packs, as well as both theme decks starring Darmanitan and Sirfetch’d. While Sword & Shield – Darkness Ablaze features the name of the most recent titles in its name of the expansion, it’s far from solely focused on Pokémon from Sword & Shield. In fact, in the packs I opened, the pulls were relatively even as far as generational distribution. The only outlier seems to be Gen 4, which yielded fewer cards in the booster packs I opened. While I was hoping for more Galar natives, I was thrilled to add a new Charizard and the first Eternatus card to my collection.
You can check out my favorite cards I pulled from the packs below.
Click image thumbnails to view larger version
The Pokémon Trading Card Game Sword & Shield – Darkness Ablaze expansion is available now. For more on the Pokémon Trading Card Game, check out our big galleries for many of the most recent expansions.
- Sword & Shield – Rebel Clash
- Sword & Shield
- Sword & Shield Galar Collection Boxes
- Sun and Moon – Hidden Fates and Unified Minds
- Sun and Moon – Unbroken Bonds
- Sun and Moon – Team Up
- Sun and Moon – Lost Thunder
- Sun and Moon – Celestial Storm
- Sun and Moon – Forbidden Light
- Sun and Moon – Ultra Prism
- Sun and Moon – Shining Legends
- Sun and Moon – Burning Shadows
- Sun and Moon – Guardians Rising
- Sun and Moon
- XY Generations/XY Evolutions
- Premium Trainer’s XY Collection